Member Affairs – Sa-Dhan

Member Affairs

Membership Affairs

Sa-Dhan with its new mandate of being an association of inclusive impact financing institutions strive to bring all players working towards bringing impact to the lives of poor people. As a result, there are 220 members under Sa-Dhan fold. Out of these – there are Microfinance lenders and others are support institutions as well as other impact institutions. During the year several Member Meets are organized with a view to build better rapport with member institutions and other stake holders, to get a feedback of the state level issues, understand good practices and also to guide them regarding various aspects of microfinance sector.
NSFDC PILOT MFIs LENDING POLICY FOR BIHAR, JHARKHAND & ODISHA (With effect from 05.01.2023)
The National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC) is a fully owned Government of India Undertaking under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. It is managed by a Board of Directors and is registered as a Section-8 Company (not for profit) under the Companies Act, 2013. NSFDC was established in February 1989 with the objective of working for the economic empowerment of persons belonging to Scheduled Castes with an annual family income up to Rs. 3.00 lakh.
NSFDC's Aajeevika Microfinance Yojana (Lending Policy for NBFC-MFIs) has been in force since 2015. However, due to stringent security clauses, NSFDC had only one performing NBFC-MFI partner. To expand its outreach, NSFDC has approved a pilot MFI lending in Bihar, Jharkhand, and Odisha through five selected MFIs who are members of Sa-Dhan.
The selection criteria for NBFC-MFIs include a minimum of 5 years of lending experience, promoters' background in finance and development, membership in Sa- Dhan (mandatory), minimum MFI5 credit grading, a gross loan portfolio of at least Rs. 100.00 crore in the last 5 years, presence in the concerned states with SC loan portfolio, not more than 3% net NPA level, credit plus support after loans, profitability for at least 3 years out of the last 5 years, presence in aspirational districts (preferable), and no default in repayment of loans in the last 3 years.
The beneficiaries should be from the Scheduled Caste community, and their annual family income should be up to Rs. 3.00 lakh. The verification of eligibility criteria is the responsibility of the NBFC-MFI, although NSFDC has the right to re-verify if desired.
The shortlisted NBFC-MFI fulfilling the eligibility criteria may be appointed as a Channelizing Agency (CA) of NSFDC in the selected states. The relationship between NSFDC and the NBFC-MFI will be governed by a contractual agreement that aligns with NSFDC's lending policy and terms and conditions.
NSFDC provides loans up to Rs. 1,25,000, which is 90% of the project cost for units costing up to Rs. 1,40,000. The remaining 10% is contributed by the NBFC-MFI and/or beneficiaries. The fund outflow under the pilot scheme is capped at Rs. 30.00 crore for 5 MFIs, with Rs. 6.00 crore allocated to each MFI.

Registration

Early-bird Registration will start on 11th August 2023. This will ensure your confirmed participation.  All delegates will be provided a digital pass to attend the conference. The registration form can also be downloaded from the Sa-Dhan website. There is also a provision for spot registration at the conference venue.

Registration Fee Covers
  • Admission to the Conference Sessions
  • Lunch and refreshments during the Conference
  • Networking Platform
  • Conference Kit
  • Complimentary Copy of Bharat Microfinance Report – 2023
Registration fees can be paid through Demand Draft / Online Payment. International payments can only be made through wire transfer.
Please be noted that the fee doesn’t cover accommodation.
REFUND POLICY: Requests received in writing before 15th October 2023 will be considered for cancellation. A 10% handling charge would be deducted from the registration fee and the balance refunded by cheque. No amount will be refunded after. The registration form with the payment details should be sent to conference@sa-dhan.org